- Named to the 2013 Truven Health 100 Top Hospitals® list in the “Teaching Hospitals” category. Grant was one of just 17 Everest Award Winners for setting national benchmarks for fastest long-term (five year) improvement and highest (current) performance on the 100 Top Hospitals’ Balanced Scorecard.
- Received an “A” ranking for the second consecutive time on The Hospital Safety Score, administered by The Leapfrog Group.
- Named one of the nation’s Top Performers on Key Quality Measures™ by The Joint Commission, the leading accreditor of healthcare organizations in America.
Grant was recognized for exemplary performance using evidence-based clinical processes shown to improve care in heart attack, heart failure and pneumonia.
- Named to the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s “Target: Stroke” Honor Roll for the second consecutive year for commitment to and success in improving care for stroke patients.
- Earned a place on the “Own the Bone Star Performers” list, a quality improvement initiative developed by the American Orthopaedic Association.
- Awarded full three-year accreditation for cancer care with commendation from the American College of Surgeons’ Commission on Cancer.
- Ranked nationally by U.S.News & World Report in 2012–2013 for pulmonology and gastroenterology; also ranked fourth overall in Ohio and second overall in the Columbus metropolitan area.
- Designated a Blue Distinction Center® for Spine Surgery, Knee and Hip Replacement and Cardiac Care.
- Received the Get With The Guidelines® — Stroke Gold Plus Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association.
- Ranked No. 1 in the nation for medical excellence in Vascular Surgery by CareChex, a national healthcare quality rating service and division of one of the nation’s largest privately held healthcare information service companies.
- Received the American Heart Association’s Mission: Lifeline Gold Level Recognition Award for heart attack care for the second consecutive year.
- Received the 2012 Association of Community Cancer Centers Innovator Award for innovative strategies for effective delivery of cancer care.
- Received the Gold Award in the Community/Midsize Hospital category from Donate Life Ohio, the Ohio Hospital Association (OHA) and the Ohio Department of Health’s Second Chance Trust Fund.