Advanced Practice Provider Acute Care - Riverside
Advanced Practice Provider Acute Care - Riverside Methodist Hospital
The OhioHealth Acute Care APP Fellowship
The OhioHealth Acute Care APP Fellowship is a post-graduate program offered at Riverside Methodist Hospital and Grant Medical Center for Acute Care Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants that wish to pursue a career in a variety of acute care specialties such as critical care, trauma, cardiovascular services, and hospital medicine. The program provides 10- 12 months of post-graduate education, personalized mentorship, and clinical experience to ensure our APPs have a successful transition into practice.
Why Choose the Acute Care APP Fellowship at Ohiohealth?
What makes the Acute Care APP Fellowship unique is our dedicated faculty that are committed to providing our APP Fellows with personalized mentorship to during your transition into professional clinical practice.
The OhioHealth Acute Care APP Fellowship is a 10-12 month program that begins with a core set of fundamental clinical rotations and educational opportunities to provide our APPs with a broad foundation of knowledge and exposure to variety of clinical experiences to prepare them for clinical practice. The remaining 3-4 months of clinical training is dedicated to preparing them for practice in the service or specialty they will be employed in, thus allowing time for credentialing to begin while APP Fellows complete their clinical training.
The goals of the program are to:
- To improve clinical competency and promote independent, collaborative practice.
- To provide high-quality clinical education and training that improves APP professional role development and transition to practice.
- To prepare highly skilled APPs to become competent and safe acute care providers that continue to practice at OhioHealth.
- Clinical Experience: +1400 clinical hours in a variety of acute, critical care, and trauma specialties.
- Extensive Curriculum of didactic education and experiential learning using high-fidelity Clinical Simulation and formal debriefing with over 90+ CME.
- Didactic Education: Bi-monthly lecture series delivered by physician colleagues and content experts
- Procedural Training: Arterial lines, intubations, CVC, Chest tubes, and more
- Ultrasound Curriculum
- Professional Development Curriculum: Case Presentations, Communication Curriculum
- Leadership & Quality Improvement Opportunities: via Practice Councils, Clinical / Guidance Councils
- EBP Curriculum and Project
Candidates accepted to the ACAPPF are required to complete approximately 40 hours/week actively participating as a member of the care team under the supervision of an assigned, experienced preceptor. In addition to the required clinical hours, fellows are expected to attend all scheduled didactic classes and clinical simulation labs. Fellows are also expected to participate in case presentations, quality improvement projects and participate in a variety of professional development and leadership opportunities.
Eligible candidates are required to meet the following criteria:
- Graduate from an accredited Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (Acute Care NP / AGACNP) or Physician Assistant Program
- Obtain board certification by appropriate certifying body prior to starting program
- Obtain License to practice with prescriptive authority in the State of Ohio
- BLS/ACLS certified
Candidates accepted to the APP Acute Care Fellowship will become provisional employees of OhioHealth with a competitive stipend and benefits.