Pharmacy Residency Program
Accredited programming aligned with your unique path in pharmacy
At OhioHealth, we believe our organizational model represents the future of healthcare. Our pharmacy residents refine and discover their capabilities in an environment with real world relevancy — leading to thriving careers rooted in the accreditation standards of ASHP. Apply for a residency through PhORCAS (Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application Service)
Clinical pharmacy services we provide
- Palliative care
- Behavioral health
- Infectious disease
- Surgery and OR
- Cardiac intensive care
- Medical intensive care
- Surgical intensive care
- Medication safety
- Transitions of care
- Emergency medicine
- General medicine
- Neuro intensive care
- Trauma intensive care
- General surgery
- Women’s health
- Heart disease management
- Nutrition support
One-year program — offered across five OhioHealth hospital locations — designed to provide a foundation of diverse experiences in pharmaceutical care in addition to health-system pharmacy practice.
One-year program eligible to residents who completed PGY1 offering opportunities to function independently and gain advanced knowledge in specialized patient care settings.
24-month programs offering a combined PGY1 and PGY2 residency in addition to a Master of Science (MS) degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences with specialization in Health-System Pharmacy Administration from The Ohio State University College of Pharmacy.
PGY1 and PGY2 programs
- $47,500 PGY1 resident annual salary.
- $49,500 PGY2 resident annual salary.
- $200 monthly meal stipend.
- Additional shifts paid at regular pharmacist salary.
- Time Away Pay (TAP) and holiday coverage
- Generous time away package equivalent to a full-time associate.
- Work one winter holiday (Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Year's Day).
- Work one summer holiday (Memorial Day, Independence Day or Labor Day).
- Travel and professional leave
- Reimbursement for reasonable travel expenses to attend ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting and a regional pharmacy residency conference including meeting registration, travel, hotel, and meals.
- Attendance at professional meetings is considered part of professional responsibilities; taking paid time off not required.
- Membership and certification
ACLS and BLS certification
Optional full medical insurance packages through OhioHealth medical plans.
- Resident responsibilities
- PGY1: Staffing every other weekend.
- PGY2: Staffing every fourth weekend.
- Rotate through administrative on-call system.
- Work four night shifts (overnight).
- Poster presentation at ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting.
- Podium presentation at regional pharmacy residency conference.
- Completion of a research project.
- Appointment period
June 1, 2022 through June 30, 2023
- Waiver of The Ohio State University tuition and fees.
- Travel allowance also includes the ASHP Leadership Conference.
- Resident responsibilities
- Work seven total night shifts (overnight) over two years.
- Staffing every fourth weekend in the second year.
- Academic responsibilities
- Majority of didactic work and PGY1 completed in the first year.
- Second year is PGY2 focused with an emphasis on pharmacy administration with some clinical rotations.
- Completion of a master’s thesis research project.
- OhioHealth Doctors Hospital
- OhioHealth Grant Medical Center
- OhioHealth Mansfield Hospital
- OhioHealth Marion General Hospital
- OhioHealth Riverside Methodist Hospital