Tier II supplier diversity initiative
Committed to equality
OhioHealth’s Tier II initiative is designed to foster the inclusion of small and diverse businesses enterprises throughout our supply chain.
Extending our impact in the community
OhioHealth strongly encourages prime suppliers, also called Tier I suppliers, to support job growth and positive economic impact in the community by engaging with diverse Tier II subcontractors. Our Tier II initiative is designed to foster the inclusion of small and diverse businesses enterprises (DBEs) throughout our supply chain.
We expect our Tier I suppliers to partner with DBEs to the maximum extent possible. We also track the diversity efforts of Tier I contractors through reporting on dollars spent with diverse suppliers within a defined period of time.
Tier II diversity reporting requirements
If you are a Tier I supplier that meets one or more of these criteria, you are required to report Tier II diverse spending related to your OhioHealth contract.
- Suppliers with influenceable spend.
- Distributors with sales exceeding $1 million.
- Vendors paying suppliers on our behalf.
- Managed Service Providers.
- Suppliers with contractual Supplier Diversity Goals.
What is a diverse business enterprise?
OhioHealth defines a DBE as an organization that is at least 51% owned by one or more individuals who are socially and economically disadvantaged. This includes the following socioeconomic classifications:
- Minority-Owned Business Enterprise (MBE)
- Women-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE)
- Disability-Owned Business Enterprise (DOBE)
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE)
- Historically Black Colleges and Universities/Minority Institutions (HBCU/MI)
- Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone)
- LGBT-Owned Businesses Enterprise (LGBTBE)
- Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business (SDVOB)
- Veteran-Owned Business Enterprise (VOB)
Submitting tier II diversity reports
OhioHealth accepts electronic Tier II diversity reports through a third-party Supplier Registration Portal. Tier I suppliers must submit either monthly or quarterly reports based on the OhioHealth business unit they support.
- Supply Chain Services suppliers submit quarterly reporting.
- Real Estate, Construction and Facilities suppliers submit monthly reporting.
Suppliers who have been identified to report Tier II diverse spending must create a business profile account to submit reports through the Supplier Registration Portal.
COVID -19 guidelines for suppliers
To protect patient safety and confidentiality, supplier representatives must adhere to all OhioHealth credentialing requirements.