The Maternity Center and Labor and Delivery unit at Dublin Methodist has been designed to suit the special needs of pregnant women during labor, delivery and recovery. We're about redefining patient care and making healthcare decisions together. You will find each of us focusing on you - because we know it's also the birth of a mom.
The maternity experts working in the Labor and Delivery unit at Dublin Methodist have been trained in the latest birth techniques and comfort measures for labor and delivery. We have board-certified obstetricians on the maternity unit 24 hours a day. Neonatologists, anesthesiologists and lactation consultants also are available on-call 24 hours a day. And at Dublin Methodist, Certified Nurse Midwives are an integral part of our skilled nursing team. Our Level II Neonatal Special Care Unit, managed on-site by Nationwide Children's Hospital specialists, offers your baby a private room should they need special care.
Arriving for Your Delivery
When you enter Dublin Methodist you will know immediately this is not like any other hospital. The soothing sounds of the two and a half story, multi-tiered waterfall, many patient and visitor gardens, natural light from windows in every patient room and the warm earth tones that surround you provide a calm and comfortable environment to welcome your baby into the world.
Dublin Methodist provides free, convenient parking adjacent to the main entrance for all of our patients and visitors. If you arrive in labor, please pull to the main entrance and you will be assisted. The Labor and Delivery unit is located on the second floor of the hospital and can be accessed by the main elevators.
If you arrive after regular business hours, please enter the hospital through the Emergency Department. You will be assisted to the second floor by the Emergency Department staff. We encourage you to pre-register for your hospital stay to avoid registration paperwork when you arrive to deliver.
To schedule a maternity tour of the Dublin Methodist Maternity Department, please call (614) 4-HEALTH (443-2584).
Private Birthing Suites
Patient rooms within the Labor and Delivery unit, including Mother/Infant rooms, are at the heart of our vision to redefine patient care using nature, state-of-the-art technology and aesthetic design. Each room has a private bathroom and shower, a window to provide natural light, a bed-side computer with Internet access; a desk, refrigerator and private phone line, as well as comfortable sleeping accommodations for your support person.
During labor and delivery, you are allowed two additional persons for support to be in the room with you. Family and friends are welcome to wait in the spacious Family Waiting Area just down the hall. Visitors can take turns visiting you in the labor and delivery room, provided there are no more than two people in the room with you at a time while you are in labor.
After delivery, you will be moved to a private post-delivery room within the Labor and Delivery unit. Each room is designed for your comfort and includes:
- Comfortable sleeping accommodations for you and your partner
- Large family area
- Private bathroom and shower
Meeting Your Baby
When your baby arrives:
- You may hold your baby moments after his or her birth
- A nurse examines, weighs and measures your baby
- Your baby is immediately returned to you to hold and feed
- While you are moved to your post-partum room, your baby will have a complete assessment and bath
We Support the Bond Between Mother and Baby
Dublin Methodist, we understand that moms and babies bond instantly. We offer the following options to help you build that bond.
- Transition Care - Your baby is assessed and bathed in your presence.
- Rooming In - Care for you and your baby is provided in your post-delivery room.
- Kangaroo Care - Your baby is placed directly on your bare chest for skin-to-skin contact.
- Newborn Feeding - We provide support whether you are breastfeeding, breast pumping or bottle feeding.
- Parental Coaching - We teach you about your newborn's behaviors and how to respond to their cues.
Your Baby's Safety
Dublin Methodist has a state-of-the-art security system ensures your baby's safety. You will receive information explaining the system upon admission.
Friends and family are welcome in the Dublin Methodist Maternity Center and Labor and Delivery unit at all times and can be limited based on your schedule and preferences.
Visitors may park in our free and convenient visitor parking lot located just in front of the hospital. The patient liaison can direct them to the mother's room when they arrive.
Leaving the Hospital
Your physician will determine when it is safe for you and your baby to leave the hospital. Procedures and other tasks that need to be completed before you go home are listed below.
- Discharge teaching completed, including watching any videos or completing appropriate paperwork
- Any follow-up appointments required by either your doctor or your baby's doctor scheduled
- A final exam of you and your baby completed by the physician
- Birth Certificate Packet and Social Security Care registration completed
- All newborn screening tests completed
- Any vaccines or procedures for baby (circumcision) completed, and baby is resting comfortably after recovery period
- Baby pictures taken by hospital staff. You have the option to purchase photos and the option to consent to your baby's photo being posted on the Dublin Methodist Peekaboo Babies page. Please let your nurse know if your baby's photo has not been taken and you would like for it to be done.
- Child Safety Seat confirmed by your nurse. The seat must be brought to the room.
- Removal of baby's cord clamp and security device
OhioHealth Maternity Services
Hospital Maternity Experience