Your Food is Your Fuel
There aren't too many things more important to an athlete than their diet. And different athletes have different nutritional needs.
With an overabundance of nutritional information available to athletes, it can be hard to know what's right and what's wrong. From diet plans to supplements, athletes often find themselves confused and lost.
Our nutrition program is directed by a registered and licensed sports medicine dietitian who can create individualized plans geared to you and your goals.
Benefits of nutrition and exercise
See all videos
| Our sports nutritionist helps you:|
- Help you learn what and when to eat to maximize your energy and performance.
- Assess your energy and nutrient needs, including a review of your day-to-day eating.
- Develop personalized meal patterns to match your training goals.
- Troubleshoot concerns with performance, such as recurrent injuries, fatigue, hydration, or gastrointestinal discomfort.
- Answer questions about supplements, medical conditions, carbohydrates, proteins, fats, fad diets, weight gain or loss and other nutrition questions.
Expert Sports Nutrition Advice
Dawn Holmes, MS, RD, CSSD, LD is a registered dietitian and board-certified specialist in sports dietetics. She specializes in sports nutrition strategies for athletes of all ages and skill levels including performance improvement, timing of fuel, recovery, hydration, and weight and body composition changes. As a sports dietitian, her work includes team talks at local high schools and colleges, as well as individual consults for student, recreational, endurance, and professional athletes.
Dawn is also the sports dietitian for The OhioHealth Runner's Clinic and a frequent speaker for running and triathlon groups in the Columbus area. She is a former collegiate track and cross country runner and continues her love of running today.
Through a sports nutrition consultation with Dawn, she will help provide a plan to:
- Improve your performance
- Increase strength, power, stamina and endurance
- Speed recovery from injuries
- Hydrate more effectively
- Safely manage weight gain and loss
- Develop an optimized diet for before, during, and after training and competition