Keeping Concussion Management Top of Mind 24/7
Concussions can have a dramatic impact on the lives of student athletes long after they've left the field. In 2007, OhioHealth recognized the long-term potential impact of concussions on youth athletes and created a leading-edge concussion treatment team—the OhioHealth Concussion Management team.
The OhioHealth Concussion Management team is comprised of physicians, neurologists, athletic trainers, physical therapists, vestibular therapists, imaging technologists and nutritionists. Each team member has one singular focus—properly diagnosing concussion symptoms and devising a treatment plan for concussion management. Combined, our team has extensive experience caring for athletes which include:
Learn more for Post-Concussion Return-to-Play Program
- Team physicians and athletic trainers for over 36 high schools and 6 colleges
- Over 40 physicians who are all fellowship trained in sports medicine
- Over 75 athletic trainers to assist in care coordination and safe return to play
- Team physicians and athletic trainers for the Columbus Blue Jackets and Columbus Crew
- Over 20 concussion management experts
- 11 convenient locations
How to Spot a Concussion
- Dazed/confused or stunned
- Memory Loss
- Slow to respond
- Unusually tired
- Unusually sad or irritable
In order to ensure diagnosis of concussion symptoms is accurate and treatment is personalized and to the highest standard, the Concussion Team utilizes ImPACT® testing technology. The Immediate Post-Concussion Assessment and Cognitive Testing (ImPACT®) system is the most widely used, trusted and scientifically-validated computerized concussion evaluation system available.
The information provided by the ImPACT® system assists OhioHealth's concussion specialists in objectively evaluating an athlete's post-injury condition and tracking recovery for safe return to play.
Learn more in our parents concussion guide