Patient and Family Support Services
Encouragement, resources, comfort
Whether you need to talk with others going through a similar health journey or assistance understanding your health insurance, we have services and compassionate experts to help patients and their families with these and many other needs.
OhioHealth Cancer Care Patient Navigators
It can be difficult to navigate through the healthcare system when you’re faced with a cancer diagnosis, prolonged treatment or rehabilitation. Our patient navigators help reduce the stress on patients and their families by providing assistance with medical, psychological and social issues.
These experts can explain medical terms and discuss treatment options, schedule and coordinate medical appointments, recommend support groups and much more.
For more information about our patient navigator program, please call 1 (800) 752.9119.
OhioHealth Social Services provides patients and their families with the resources they need, including discharge planning and extended care placement. These experts can help with everything from coping with a diagnosis to understanding insurance coverage, disability benefits and Social Security. They also provide referrals to providers of medical equipment, hospice care, counseling, community services and much more.
For more information on OhioHealth Social Services, ask your nurse to request a social worker or contact our hospitals:
- OhioHealth Riverside Methodist Hospital (614) 566.5397
- OhioHealth Grant Medical Center (614) 566.9365
- OhioHealth Doctors Hospital (614) 544.1023
- OhioHealth Grady Memorial Hospital (740) 615.2589
- OhioHealth Dublin Methodist Hospital (614) 544.8200
- OhioHealth Marion General Hospital (740) 383.8788
- OhioHealth Hardin Memorial Hospital (419) 675.8346
- OhioHealth O’Bleness Hospital (740) 593.5551 ext. 9337 or ext. 9368
- OhioHealth Mansfield Hospital (419) 526.8640
- OhioHealth Shelby Hospital (419) 342.1712
- OhioHealth Grove City Methodist Hospital (614) 788.0900