Breastfeeding Support for Moms
You’re always in trusted hands.
OhioHealth fully supports a mother's decision on how to feed her baby.
If You Choose to Breastfeed
our board-certified lactation consultants can help you develop the skills you need for successful breastfeeding. We provide breastfeeding support before you deliver, during your hospital stay and after you've taken your baby home.
It doesn’t matter at which hospital you delivered your baby. Our breastfeeding support services help those who are:
Private Breastfeeding Consultation
You may consider private lactation consultations for the following:
- Prenatal breast assessment: Before your baby arrives, we provide nipple and breast care instruction. We address any concerns you may have about flat or inverted nipples and other breast issues.
- Attachment and positioning techniques: Learning how to help your baby properly attach to your breast may be the single most important breastfeeding instruction you need. We guide you through techniques for a successful breastfeeding experience.
- Milk quantity assessment: We assess the quantity of milk your baby is receiving by monitoring his or her weight. This service helps to alleviate concerns you may have about your baby's nourishment.
- Nipple soreness: We teach you proper attachment techniques that help alleviate nipple soreness and discomfort. We also discuss options available if soreness should occur.
- Breastfeeding observation: As you breastfeed your baby, your personal lactation consultant coaches you to improve upon techniques and avoid future issues.
Breastfeeding support services are available at:
- The Women’s Center at OhioHealth Riverside Methodist Hospital: (614) 566.3434
- The Ann Burba Crane Center for Women and Babies at OhioHealth Grant Medical Center: (614) 566.9008
- OhioHealth Doctors Hospital Lactation Department: (614) 544.2111
- OhioHealth Grady Memorial Hospital Lactation Department: (740) 615.2116
- OhioHealth Dublin Methodist Hospital Lactation Department: (614) 544.8002
- OhioHealth Marion General Hospital Center for New Beginnings: (740) 383.8778
- OhioHealth O’Bleness Hospital: (740) 592.9364
- OhioHealth Mansfield Hospital Maternity Care: (419) 526.8734
- OhioHealth Shelby Hospital Maternity Care: (419) 342.1742
Call the Breastfeeding Helpline
Our breastfeeding helpline is there to provide answers or connect you with a lactation consultant after discharge. Call (614) 566.3434
Stay healthy and prepare for baby with maternity classes from OhioHealth.View Classes
Our classes give you the support and confidence you need for successful breastfeeding.View Classes