From donation to distribution
How to donate breast milk
We strive to make donating your extra breast milk as easy as possible because we know how busy life can get. That's why we provide you with all the materials you need to donate — at no cost to you. Here's how to get started:
- Participate in an initial phone screening to verify eligibility.
- Receive and read the Mothers' Milk Bank information packet.
- Participate in a medical and lifestyle history review.
- Complete a medical release form signed by the donor and healthcare provider for both the donor and baby.
- Consent to and receive a comprehensive blood test to screen for HIV, HTLV, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C and Syphilis.
Donate through our Legacy program
Sometimes, a family can find hope in their grief by sharing a part of their baby's life through milk donation. We are honored to help you connect with others through our Legacy program.
Mothers' Milk Bank milk drop locations
You MUST be approved as a donor BEFORE dropping off milk at these locations.
If there is not a drop off location within a reasonable travel distance, we will provide you with a shipping container and cover shipping costs.