Robotic Surgery at OhioHealth
In the hands of an expert surgeon, the exceptional benefits of robotic procedures are even greater.
OhioHealth is central Ohio’s leading provider of minimally invasive robotic surgery. We have more robotic experts across more specialties in more locations than any other healthcare system in the region.
OhioHealth proudly offers
a wide range of robotic surgery specialties:
Colon and rectal, General surgery (gallbladder, appendix), Gynecological cancer, Urology (prostate, kidney, bladder), Urogynecology (pelvic floor disorders), Women’s health (uterus, ovaries).
OhioHealth uses the da Vinci® Surgical System, a surgical “robot” that features a high-definition vision system and robotic arms that bend and rotate.
Though it is often called a robot, the da Vinci® Surgical System cannot act on its own — surgery is performed entirely by your surgeon from start to finish.
Robotic surgery has many benefits over traditional surgery.
- Benefits for the Patient
- Fewer complications
- Less blood loss and risk of infection
- Less pain and scarring
- A shorter hospital stay
- A faster return to normal activities
- Benefits for the Surgeon
- Better vision, through the system’s high-resolution, three-dimensional imaging
- More dexterity, beyond what would otherwise be humanly possible
- Improved precision, for exact treatment that is individualized to each patient’s needs
- Increased control, so difficult maneuvers are accomplished with no extra movement
- Less fatigue, because the surgeon is seated during the procedure
- Is Robotic Surgery Right for Me?
- Robotic surgery is not a good fit for everyone. Patients who bleed easily, have abnormal blood clotting or are pregnant or morbidly obese may not be candidates for minimally invasive surgery, including robotic-assisted surgery. Discuss your options with your doctor.
The OhioHealth Difference
We are central Ohio’s leading provider of minimally invasive robotic surgery. No one else is more experienced than OhioHealth. We offer:
- Early access to the latest procedures, including single-site benign hysterectomies and gallbladder removal
- More locations — and more conveniences — than any other provider in central Ohio
- Surgeons so experienced that doctors from other healthcare systems come to OhioHealth to learn from them
- Dedicated surgical and clinical teams focused exclusively on robotic surgeries to provide the best care
Robotic Colon and Rectal Surgery
Our robotic-assisted surgeons are highly skilled in the treatment of colon and rectal conditions. Learn about OhioHealth cancer care for these conditions.
Robotic Urologic Surgery
We routinely perform robotic prostate, kidney, bladder and adrenal surgeries. Learn about OhioHealth urology care services.
Robotic Surgery for Women’s Health
Minimally invasive robotic surgery is particularly promising for women suffering from fibroids who would like to have children in the future
Robotic General Surgery
Procedures such as gall bladder and appendix surgery can be performed robotically, providing patients with benefits such as less blood loss and scarring, sometimes with incisions as small as a keyhole.
Meet Our Patients
Hear what some of our robotic surgery patients have to say about their care at OhioHealth.Learn More
Patients and Visitors Guide
Each of our hospitals offers many amenities for your comfort and convenience, such as food and beverage options, banking, gift shop and Internet.Learn More