Robotic Surgery at OhioHealth
In the hands of an expert surgeon, the exceptional benefits of robotic procedures are even greater.
OhioHealth is central Ohio’s leading provider of minimally invasive robotic surgery. We have more robotic experts across more specialties in more locations than any other healthcare system in the region.
OhioHealth uses the da Vinci® Surgical System, a surgical “robot” that features a high-definition vision system and robotic arms that bend and rotate.
Though it is often called a robot, the da Vinci® Surgical System cannot act on its own — surgery is performed entirely by your surgeon from start to finish.
Robotic surgery has many benefits over traditional surgery.
- Benefits for the Patient
- Fewer complications
- Less blood loss and risk of infection
- Less pain and scarring
- A shorter hospital stay
- A faster return to normal activities
- Benefits for the Surgeon
- Better vision, through the system’s high-resolution, three-dimensional imaging
- More dexterity, beyond what would otherwise be humanly possible
- Improved precision, for exact treatment that is individualized to each patient’s needs
- Increased control, so difficult maneuvers are accomplished with no extra movement
- Less fatigue, because the surgeon is seated during the procedure
- Is Robotic Surgery Right for Me?
- Robotic surgery is not a good fit for everyone. Patients who bleed easily, have abnormal blood clotting or are pregnant or morbidly obese may not be candidates for minimally invasive surgery, including robotic-assisted surgery. Discuss your options with your doctor.
The OhioHealth Difference
We are central Ohio’s leading provider of minimally invasive robotic surgery. No one else is more experienced than OhioHealth. We offer:
- Early access to the latest procedures, including single-site benign hysterectomies and gallbladder removal
- More locations — and more conveniences — than any other provider in central Ohio
- Surgeons so experienced that doctors from other healthcare systems come to OhioHealth to learn from them
- Dedicated surgical and clinical teams focused exclusively on robotic surgeries to provide the best care