Support for Patients with Multiple Sclerosis
By Your Side With the Resources You Need
We help patients manage their MS between their appointments by offering classes, support groups, lectures and events that bring our MS community together.
Our MS Support & Education Series
We offer support groups and educational presentations at The Dempsey Family Education and Resource Center at Riverside. Check the listings below for more information.
Our ongoing MS support includes:
- YOUNG ADULT SUPPORT GATHERINGS
- A gathering for those in their 20s, 30s and early 40s dealing with the challenges of relationships, friendships and employment, while living with MS. This group meets the second Monday of every other month from 6 to 7 p.m.
- LIVING WITH MS SUPPORT GATHERINGS AND MS EDUCATION SERIES
- A gathering for those living with MS followed by an MS Education Series presentation. Support partners are welcome. We will provide light refreshments, support and resource linkage. Gatherings are the first Monday of the month from 5 to 6 p.m., and MS presentations immediately follow from 6 to 7 p.m. Call The Dempsey Center to register at (614) 788.6115.
- TAMING STRESS IN MS
- Learn skills to positively cope with stress by joining us April 16, 2019, from 6 to 7 p.m. Please reserve your space by calling (614) 788.6115.
- MS LUNCH AND LEARN
- Enjoy a light lunch while expanding your support system and knowledge of MS and community resources. Please call The Dempsey Center to learn more and register at (614) 788.6115.
Parking vouchers will be provided for all monthly support groups at The Dempsey Family Education and Resource Center for all MS patients.
Contacting Your OhioHealth MS Team
We understand you need quick and easy access to your OhioHealth MS team. We are committed to streamlining your requests and responding in a timely manner. One way you can connect with our team is through OhioHealth MyChart.
You can connect with us using MyChart for the following:
Contact your providers for answers to non-urgent questions and follow-up instructions.
Request and manage your appointments online.
Request prescription refills.
View your medical information including medications, medical history or access to forms needed for your visit.
Family member access to help keep track of your entire family’s health information and appointments.
OhioHealth’s MS social worker Traci Paxton, MSW, LISW-S, provides patients with trusted resources to learn more about MS, manage symptoms and connect with our MS patients.
Download Multiple Sclerosis Apps
MySidekickTM: Allows you (or the person you care for) to record mood, energy level, activities, sensations and memory to track your progress.
MSAA My MS Manager TM: Provided by the Multiple Sclerosis Association of American (MSAA) this tool is designed to help you manage your MS.
MS Attack: Learn about MS symptoms and how these symptoms may present during an MS attack.
MyMSTeam: A social network dedicated to those living with MS.