Home Health Program
OhioHealth Home Health is a skilled home care service. Your doctor may recommend it after hospitalization or surgery.
Home Care helps provide the best quality of life possible as you heal, and it can prevent a return hospital or emergency visit.
We Will Come to You
Based on your needs, your Home Health team may include nurses, therapists, home health aides, social workers and dieticians.Meet Our Team
Home Health Services We Provide
OhioHealth Home Health offers a variety of home health care services, including:
- Skilled nursing
- Physical, speech and occupational therapy
- Dedicated wound care team
- Specially trained IV nursing team for in-home infusion
- Telehealth in-home monitoring of vital signs
- Chronic disease management
- Medication reconciliation — to ensure you have the medications you need and understand how to take them
- Nutrition evaluation and education
- Medical social services
- Home health aides
- Home safety evaluation and recommendations
What To Expect
Once your doctor has ordered your Home Health services, a nurse will call you. This will be within 24 to 48 hours after your hospital discharge. Your first home health appointment will occur shortly after that.
The Home Health nurse or therapist who comes to your home will evaluate your condition. He or she will determine which services you need and the frequency of appointments. The nurse or therapist will provide your care. Based on your needs, he or she will also:
- Review your medications with you
- Help monitor your vital signs
- Provide education about your condition and ways to prevent other, more serious issues
- Conduct a nutrition review
- Ensure you understand what possible signs and symptoms to look for and when you should call OhioHealth Home Health, your doctor or visit the Emergency Department (ED)
- Assess your home for safety issues that might hinder your recovery
Our OhioHealth Home Health team will continue to schedule additional home health appointments as needed. This will be based on your progress and condition. We are in your home under your doctor’s orders. We’ll inform him or her periodically about your progress.
Contact OhioHealth Home Health
For more information about the home health services you will receive, please call:
Central Ohio: (614) 566.0888 or (800) 300.7075
Marion: (740) 383.8770 or (866) 588.2562, after hours please call (740) 383.8400
Athens: (740) 331.7040 or (800) 837.1112, after hours/weekends please call (800) 649.8027
Mansfield: (419) 526.8442 or (800) 247.4243
Home Medical Equipment Help
We’ll deliver and help with oxygen systems, mobility and safety aids, hospital beds or medical devices. Visit us or we’ll come to you.