Medical Oncology Program at OhioHealth
Ensuring you receive the finest cancer care
Our medical oncologists use advanced technology and clinical research to evaluate and determine the optimal treatment plan for you — which could include targeted therapies like chemotherapy, immunotherapy and hormone therapy.
Get in touch with a cancer specialist who can answer your questions and connect you to our cancer physicians, programs and services. Contact OhioHealth CancerCall Monday-Friday, 8 AM-5 PM at (800) 752-9119.
We support every phase of your cancer treatment
Prescribing your course of treatment
Additionally, our medical oncologists may enhance your traditional cancer care plan with integrative medicine — like nutrition and fitness — to help manage symptoms and improve quality of life.
Monitoring your response to treatment
As you receive care, your patient navigator will connect you to resources related to financial assistance, transportation and lodging, as well as provide emotional support and care.
Managing your follow-up care
We also connect you to survivorship and supportive care resources in preparation for life beyond cancer — inspiring you to keep making plans that matter most.
OhioHealth infusion services
OhioHealth infusion services locations offer a variety of outpatient services close to home in a comfortable and patient centered environment. Highly qualified staff will work with your patient to provide infusion therapies for both cancerous and noncancerous conditions.
SEE OUR Infusion Services locations
- Chemotherapy and biotherapy for both cancerous and noncancerous conditions, including intravenous, intraperitoneal, intravesicular routes and intrathecal chemotherapy administration at some locations
- Transfusion therapy
- Intravenous antibiotics
- Intravenous hydration and electrolyte replacement
- Iron infusions
- Subcutaneous and intramuscular injections (such as Epogen® and Neulasta®)
- Intravenous gamma globulins
- Therapeutic phlebotomy
- Central venous catheter maintenance
- Peripheral and central venous catheter lab draws
- PICC line placement at some locations
- Individualized patient education
- Integrative therapies at some locations, such as massage, art therapy, acupuncture and nutrition counseling
- Oncology patient navigation
- Pharmacist consultation
How precision medicine can help
This approach to care helps our medical oncologists decide which treatments to use by looking at the genetic and molecular changes of your specific cancer.Learn More