Getting to know us
Each year four residents enter the Preliminary Surgery Program and spend a year in a rotating internship, which includes: General Surgery, Vascular Thoracic Surgery, Trauma Surgery, Orthopedics Neurosurgery, SCCU, Plastics, elective, Night Float, SICU and General Surgery.
Following their preliminary year, residents enter all different types of residencies.
To explore our Five Year General Surgery Residency Program click here.
Oscar R. Ruiz, MD, FACSProgram Director
Why Preliminary Surgery at Riverside?
- Variety of cases.
- Excellent operative experience.
- Excellent post training placement.
- Friendly environment.
- Good support from Radiology/Lab/Nursing.
- Great teaching conferences.
- Suture/Microvascular Lab.
- Cooperative team spirit among all residencies.
- Variety of outreach experiences.
- Research opportunities.
Riverside Residency General Information
Riverside Methodist Residency Programs