Getting to know us
Each year four residents enter the Preliminary Surgery Program and spend a year in a rotating internship, which includes: General Surgery, Vascular Thoracic Surgery, Trauma Surgery, Neurosurgery, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery, and Anesthesia.
Following their preliminary year, most residents enter General Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery, Otolaryngology, or Neurosurgery residencies.
To explore our Five Year General Surgery Residency Program click here.
Oscar R. Ruiz, MD, FACSProgram Director
Why Preliminary Surgery at Riverside?
- Variety of cases.
- Excellent operative experience.
- Friendly environment.
- Good support from Radiology/Lab/Nursing.
- Great teaching conferences.
- Suture/Microvascular Lab.
- Cooperative team spirit among all residencies.
- Variety of outreach experiences.
- Research opportunities.
Riverside Residency General Information
Riverside Methodist Residency Programs