Paying for Your Care
Paying for Your Care
Financial Assistance for Patients and Families
Resources to Help Pay Your Healthcare Costs
Charity care and medical financial assistance is offered to patients with limited or no resources and inadequate medical insurance coverage. Eligibility is determined by family income. Patients are encouraged to apply for other financial assistance available to pay hospital charges (Medicaid, Medicare, private insurance) before being discharged. Our not-for-profit hospitals provide high quality care to everyone, regardless of ability to pay.
OhioHealth's Charity Care Policy
OhioHealth’s charity care policy includes:
- Substantial charity care guidelines that provide free care for individuals and families who earn less than 200 percent of the federal poverty level
- Sliding scale fees to provide substantially discounted care for individuals and families who are between 200 and 400 percent of the federal poverty level
- Hardship policy for those patients who would not otherwise qualify for charity care but have unique circumstances
In many cases, OhioHealth offers interest-free loans for up to one year to assist patients and uninsured discount policy for individuals without insurance who do not qualify for charity care.
Free or reduced cost services that support good health such as transportation, food and medical supplies for you or your loved one.
We at OhioHealth want to ensure that you and your family have the best possible healthcare experiences with us. Part of that experience is understanding what assistance we offer that might assist you in paying for your care. Eligibility is determined by family size and income. In order to determine eligibility, we encourage you to apply for financial assistance by completing and submitting our financial assistance form below.
For assistance in completing the financial assistance application, watch our tutorial below. This video will share what information you will want to have on hand prior to filling out the form.
For more information about charity care and medical financial assistance, please contact customer service at (614) 566.1505.
Financial Assistance and Charity Care Information:
- OhioHealth Financial Assistance
Financial Assistance Policy Summary (includes phone numbers and addresses of who to contact for help)
- Financial Assistance for O'Bleness Hospital
- Financial Assistance for Berger Hospital
- HCAP Charity Worksheet
Financial Assistance and Charity Care Information in Other Languages: