Specialized Physicians Coordinating Your Inpatient Hospital Care
OhioHealth Physician Group Hospital Medicine doctors are dedicated to providing excellent medical care and patient-centered service. Working together with a highly qualified care team our goal is to have you feeling better and back at home soon.
We are now offering telehealth appointments by phone or video to patients who do not need to be treated in person. Meet with your provider from the comfort of home using your smartphone, tablet or computer. Learn more.
Benefits of Hospital Medicine
- Hospitalists work as a team to provide each patient high-quality care 24/7.
- Hospitalists provide complete coordination of inpatient care and discharge.
- Hospitalists share the details of your hospital visit with your primary care physician and assist him or her in continuing your care after you leave the hospital.
During your stay, your hospitalist will:
- Direct and coordinate your care
- Discuss treatment options
- Answer your questions
- Monitor test results
- Quickly respond to changes in your condition
- Collaborate and coordinate with other physician specialists
Hospitalists can help facilitate connections with providers such as home health, skilled nursing and rehabilitation services that you may need after leaving the hospital. If you do not have a primary care physician, your hospitalist can help you find one who can manage your care after you go home.