Expert Surgical Care Helping You Transform Your Health and Life
At OhioHealth Physician Group Bariatric Surgery, we have a passion for transforming people’s lives through weight loss. Our fellowship-trained surgeons are skilled in the latest minimally invasive surgical weight-loss techniques. Our experienced team will guide you toward both a healthier weight and improved overall health, from your first consultation to ongoing weight management support after your surgery.
As the first step in your journey toward a new life, we offer two convenient options to learn more about the benefits of our program: attend a free, in-person seminar or watch our online video to help you learn about our services.
If you're interested in our program, you must register to attend a free seminar by calling (614) 4-HEALTH (443.2584) or complete the Bariatrics Seminar Form prior to watching the video.
When you choose the surgeons of OhioHealth Physician Group Bariatric Surgery, you receive the support of our multidisciplinary team that will help you learn about and also prepare you for surgery. Our team will provide the best surgical care and help you on your journey to lose weight and transform your health. Our services include:
- Coordinators to help with insurance needs
- All-inclusive pre-surgery evaluation and preparation
- Individualized nutritional counseling
- Superior care from the OhioHealth Riverside Methodist Hospital bariatric nursing team
- Emotional support during this major life change
- Exercise guidance to increase activity level for long-term weight management
- Compassionate, caring team members who have a passion for working with people of size
Types of Surgery
- Laparoscopic roux-en-y gastric bypass surgery
- Sleeve gastrectomy
- Adjustable gastric band
- Revisional bariatric surgery
Arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment to allow time for any updates to patient files and other necessary paperwork.
If you must cancel your appointment, we’ll be happy to reschedule at a more convenient time. Please provide 24 hours' notice, so we can make the time available to other patients.
What to bring to your appointment:
- Photo ID
- Current insurance card
- Copayment, if required
- Tests results or imaging that your care team has requested
- Past medical records you feel are applicable to your health
- If you have Medicare, your pharmacy insurance drug card