Cardiac and pulmonary rehab staff
Staff members in this area include:
- clinical exercise physiologists
- registered nurses
- a stress management specialist
Together they provide clinical care and oversight for patients in the cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation program.
Spine, Sport & Joint staff
The Spine, Sport & Joint Center includes a musculoskeletal physician clinic and physical therapy department. The Center's staff is comprised of dedicated healthcare professionals with experience and expertise in a wide variety of muscle, joint, and bone conditions, ranging from arthritis to acute athletic injuries.
The Spine, Sport & Joint Center team includes:
- primary care sports medicine and physical medicine and rehabilitation physicians
- radiology technologists
- physical therapists
- physical therapy assistants
- physical therapy patient support aides
- administrative staff
In the Musculoskeletal Clinic, the primary care sports medicine physicians and the physical medicine and rehabilitation physicians provide evaluation and comprehensive non-surgical management of muscle, joint and bone conditions, as well as acute and chronic injuries.
- Registered nurses, aides and support staff work closely with the physicians to assure superior care every time, and in every way.
- Our physicians work closely with the physical therapy staff to assure coordination of care among the team.
In physical therapy, the therapists utilize a team-based approach to treatment, incorporating therapists and therapy assistants to deliver high quality care with the assistance of support staff. Below is a brief description of each member's role in the team:
- Physical therapists: State board-licensed staff with expertise in the evaluation and treatment of orthopedic and sports-related injuries.
- Physical therapist assistants: State board-licensed staff with expertise in the treatment of orthopedic and sport-related injuries. Together with the physical therapists, they provide hands-on treatment designed to meet each patient's individual needs.
- Physical therapist aide: Supports the therapy team by assisting patients with exercise machines, preparing treatment rooms, and readying equipment.
- Clinical receptionists: Greet patients, schedule appointments, and assist clients with paperwork and insurance.
Fitness membership staff
Our team of exercise physiologists works with you during your aerobic and strength-training orientation appointments. They provide ongoing support for you in your exercise programs and also work with you to re-evaluate your fitness program when necessary.
This team of exercise physiologists also circulates on the exercise floor during all hours of operation to answer questions and assist with exercise program progression.
Clinic and lab staff
Our staff in the McConnell Clinic & Lab includes:
- registered nurses
- medical assistants
- clinical receptionists
- medical records personnel
Membership services staff
The Membership Services staff is comprised of five individuals who help you with your enrollment and membership needs. It also includes two program administrators to support our membership programs.
This group of shift leaders and reception staff greets and assists you and your guests during the hours the center is in operation. The babysitting staff is also on our Communication Center team.
Our Café staff consists of a Chef and two Food Prep staff members who prepare heart healthy meals and snacks. They also stock the food and beverage cooler at the front desk and attend to any catering events at the McConnell Center.