The goal of our Diabetes Management Program is to provide state-of-the art care and services tailored to your specific needs.
- A physician referral is required for participation in the education programs or individual appointments. Referrals can be faxed to (614) 566-6776.
- To enroll, for additional information and to schedule an appointment or class, you can call (614) 566-5356.
Outpatient Diabetes Education Program
The Diabetes Education Program provides participants and their families with the most current information and resources for self-management of Type 1, Type 2 and Gestational Diabetes.
The program is certified by the American Association of Diabetes Educators (AADE). It is staffed by a multidisciplinary team of Certified Diabetes Educators (CDE's), nurses, dietitians, exercise physiologists and a pharmacist.
Diabetes Self-Management ProgramThis 9-hour program covers topics in diabetes self-management care and includes the following:
- One-hour appointment with the diabetes nurse educator for a health assessment and goal setting
- Four classes, each two hours in length covering topics of the diabetes disease process, medications, nutrition and carbohydrate counting, exercise and activity, travel, sick day management, foot care, and prevention/management of long term complications
Classes are offered monthly. Day and time options are:
- Mondays 9 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- Thursdays 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Individual AppointmentsType 1 and type 2 diabetes
Appointments can be scheduled with a diabetes educator nurse and/or dietitian for individual assessment and counseling.
A one-hour individual appointment for self-management of gestational diabetes can be scheduled with a diabetes educator nurse. A one-hour group education session is also provided by our dietitians.