Atrial Fibrillation Clinic
Located within the Advanced Heart and Vascular Center at Riverside Methodist Hospital
The OhioHealth Atrial Fibrillation Clinic cares for patients experiencing acute episodes of AFib that require immediate evaluation or support. It is intended to reduce unnecessary emergency department visits and hospitalizations.
The regular rhythm of your heart beat is guided by a complex system of natural electrical impulses. When that system doesn’t work properly, it can put you at risk for heart attack, stroke and cardiac arrest.
At the OhioHealth Atrial Fibrillation Clinic, our providers are experts at identifying and correcting heart rhythm disorders like atrial fibrillation. We help you take charge of your AFib to improve your quality of life and put your mind at ease. Through lifestyle management, medication and outpatient procedures, we can give you the continuing support you need to live a healthy life.
To schedule an appointment at the AFib Clinic, call (614) 788-AFIB (2342).
Services Offered at Our AFib Clinic
You may receive care from a nurse, pharmacist, social worker and advanced practice provider, along with an electrophysiologist. The team will review your medical history, evaluate your current condition and develop a plan of care that involves you and your primary care physician. Same-day testing and procedures are available, depending on the time of your visit.
Our team delivers comprehensive electrophysiology services:
- Atrial fibrillation ablations.
- Implantation of cardiac pacemakers, cardiac defibrillators and cardiac resynchronization devices.
- Simple ablation for supraventricular tachycardia.
- Complex ablation for ventricular tachycardia.
- Alternatives to oral anticoagulation (left atrial appendage closure)
- Advanced device therapy for the treatment of heart failure.
- Comprehensive diagnostic electrical studies.
- Laser-assisted lead extractions.
- Same day interventions for your AFib, including cardioversions and medication optimization.
- Antiarrhythmic medication – Our pharmacist will evaluate, educate and routinely monitor your medications.
- Personalized care plan, such as sleep studies, to help identify underlying issues related to your AFib.