Contact: Cindy Kaufman, CRTT, Manager
Telephone: (419) 675-8115
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The Cardiopulmonary Department provides therapy, diagnostic testing, guidance and assistance in cooperation with all areas of OhioHealth Hardin Memorial Hospital. Below is a list of available procedures provided by our Cardiopulmonary Department:
- ABG's (Arterial Blood Gas): A blood test that is performed specifically on arterial blood, to determine the concentration of carbon dioxide, oxygen and pH of the blood.
- EEG's (Electroencephalogram): A measurement of the electrical activity of the brain.
- Lexiscan Stress Test: A stress test where a drug is given to those who can’t walk on the treadmill.
- Cardiolyte Stress Test: A test that takes pictures of your heart muscles and arteries.
- Treadmill Stress Test: Helps the doctor find out how well your heart handles stress.
- 30 Day Event Monitors: Continuous monitoring of the electrical activity of the heart.
- 24-Hour Holter Monitors: Continuous monitoring of the heart for 24 hours or more.
- Pulmonary Function Testing: Measures the function of the lungs.
- Smoking Cessation: A program that focuses on the dangers of smoking and information on quitting.
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Phase 2: A medically supervised program to help heart patients recover quickly and improve their overall physical, mental and social functioning.
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation: Any patient with symptomatic chronic lung disease is a candidate for a pulmonary rehab program.
For more information about any of these procedures, please contact our Cardiopulmonary Department at the number listed above. Our department also offers CPR classes.