Mansfield Jobs and Volunteering Opportunities
Mansfield Hospital Volunteering Opportunities
Make a positive difference in your life and the lives of others by volunteering at Mansfield Hospital.
Volunteers serve the hospital in so many ways – in virtually every department – by providing support to nursing professionals and associates so they can focus their efforts on patient care. No matter your interests or skills, volunteering can provide an opportunity for personal fulfillment.
General Volunteer Opportunities
Your cheerful, caring, helpful attitude can make a significant impact on a patient’s hospital stay. As a volunteer, you may be asked to serve in a number of capacities:
- Information Desk
- Maternity Information Desk
- Nursing Services
- Pastoral Care
- Patient Services
- Physical and Occupational Therapy
As a member of the Mansfield Hospital Auxiliary, many volunteering opportunities exist, including:
- Gift shop volunteer
- Breakfast with Santa
- Used book sale
- Jewelry sale
- Uniform sale
- Lobby events
- Cookie dough sale
- Flower and mum sale
How to Become an Auxiliary Volunteer
- Do your best to commit to a regular schedule
- Attend a Mansfield Hospital volunteer orientation
- Be trained for your assignment
- Submit to a hospital-paid tuberculosis (TB) test
- Adhere to a confidentiality agreement
- Wear an ID badge
- Consent to a background check
- Perform yearly training/test
Benefits for Mansfield Hospital Auxiliary members include Auxiliary newsletters mailed to you and 20 percent reduction in membership fees at the OhioHealth Ontario Health and Fitness Center.
Auxiliary membership dues are as follows:
- $10 Active – expected to participate in several projects
- $15 Associate – expected to participate in two or more projects
- $25 Supporting – expected to participate in at least one project
- $50 Patron – support in principle, may or may not participate in projects
Contact Information for Volunteers
If you would like to volunteer at Mansfield Hospital, please call (419) 526.8616.
For information about volunteering for the Auxiliary, please call (419) 526.8965.