Hardin Memorial Volunteer Opportunties
Hardin Memorial Hospital Volunteer Opportunties in Kenton
At Hardin Memorial, we consider our volunteers valued members of our team.
Whether assisting patients or helping out behind the scenes, volunteers are needed throughout the hospital. Our volunteers provide a personal touch to the hospital experience for patients, families and visitors.
Benefits of Volunteering
A few benefits our volunteers receive include:
- Satisfaction from serving others
- Brightening someone's hospital visit or stay with a friendly greeting or smile
- Receiving health prevention benefits through the hospital such as flu shots and comprehensive blood tests
- Complimentary meals
- Recognition for hours of service at the Annual Luncheon Celebration
Hospital Volunteer Opportunities
As a volunteer, you may be asked to help out in one of many departments in the hospital. Some volunteer responsibilities include:
- Assisting patients and visitors
- Working as a gift shop associate
- Providing clerical support
- Delivering flowers, mail and newspapers
- Providing receptionist support
- Volunteering with guild and special projects
- Helping family members and visitors during surgical procedures
How to Get Started
To become a volunteer you must complete an application available at the Information Desk (located in the main lobby) or call the Volunteer Services Department at (419) 675.8137.
Hardin Memorial Guild
The mission of the Hardin Memorial Hospital Guild is to support the hospital through fund raising efforts and volunteer contributions. The Hardin Memorial Hospital Guild has a long history of community wide support, having raised thousands of dollars over the last fifty years for the purchase of needed hospital equipment and facility improvements. The Guild meets September through June on the second Friday of each month.
For membership information, contact the Volunteer Services Coordinator at (419) 675.8137.