Breastfeeding Support for Moms
You’re always in trusted hands.
OhioHealth fully supports a mother's decision on how to feed her baby.
It doesn’t matter at which hospital you delivered your baby. Our breastfeeding support services help those who are:
Private Breastfeeding Consultation
You may consider private lactation consultations for the following:
- Prenatal breast assessment: Before your baby arrives, we provide nipple and breast care instruction. We address any concerns you may have about flat or inverted nipples and other breast issues.
- Attachment and positioning techniques: Learning how to help your baby properly attach to your breast may be the single most important breastfeeding instruction you need. We guide you through techniques for a successful breastfeeding experience.
- Milk quantity assessment: We assess the quantity of milk your baby is receiving by monitoring his or her weight. This service helps to alleviate concerns you may have about your baby's nourishment.
- Nipple soreness: We teach you proper attachment techniques that help alleviate nipple soreness and discomfort. We also discuss options available if soreness should occur.
- Breastfeeding observation: As you breastfeed your baby, your personal lactation consultant coaches you to improve upon techniques and avoid future issues.
Breastfeeding support services are available at:
- The Women’s Center at OhioHealth Riverside Methodist Hospital: (614) 566-3434
- The Ann Burba Crane Center for Women and Babies at OhioHealth Grant Medical Center: (614) 566-9008
- OhioHealth Doctors Hospital Lactation Department: (614) 544-2111
- OhioHealth Grady Memorial Hospital Lactation Department: (740) 615-2116
- OhioHealth Dublin Methodist Hospital Lactation Department: (614) 544-8488
- OhioHealth Marion General Hospital Center for New Beginnings: (740) 383-8778
- OhioHealth O’Bleness Hospital: (740) 592-9364
- OhioHealth Mansfield Hospital Maternity Care: (419) 526-8055
- OhioHealth Shelby Hospital Maternity Care: (419) 526-8055
Our classes give you the support and confidence you need for successful breastfeeding.View Classes