Personalized Care for Expecting Mothers at Risk for Pregnancy-related Problems
Our specialists are OB/GYN physicians with advanced training and experience in caring for women with a high-risk pregnancy. If a fetal condition is diagnosed, our specialists work closely with Nationwide Children’s experts and your OB/GYN to explore your options and help develop a maternity care plan in advance for you and your baby to ensure the best possible outcome.
You can trust you’ll receive superior care from our highly trained and experienced team of ultrasound technologists, nurse clinicians, genetic counselors and OhioHealth Maternal Fetal Medicine specialists.
We act as an extension of your OB/Gyn physician by providing:
- Routine and high-risk prenatal ultrasound
- Consultation or co-management for maternal conditions, such as hypertension, diabetes, clotting factor disorders, fetal anomalies, risk for preterm birth and other conditions affecting your patients’ management
- Reproductive genetic testing of all types and follow-up for abnormal test results
- Fetal monitoring through non-stress tests
- Advanced diagnostics using 3D and 4D ultrasound technology
- Amniocentesis and chorionic villus sampling (CVS) for chromosome, microarray and molecular genetic testing
- Antepartum fetal testing
- Percutaneous umbilical blood sampling (PUBS) and fetal blood transfusions
- Telemedicine for genetic counseling
- Pre-pregnancy counseling
- Medical consultations and obstetric co-management
- Noninvasive genetic testing:
- Cell-free DNA
- Universal screening and targeted carrier testing
- First trimester screening
Women and couples are invited to meet with a genetic counselor prior to deciding which screening tests, if any, are right for them. Those who receive abnormal screening results are also invited to meet with a genetic counselor to discuss the results and diagnostic testing options. OhioHealth maternal fetal medicine specialists are available 24 hours a day for consultation or maternal transport services
For more information about maternal fetal medicine genetic counseling and testing, please call (614) 566.4378.