Grady Memorial Volunteer Opportunities
Grady Memorial Hospital Volunteer Opportunities in Delaware
Thank you for your interest in the Volunteer Program at Grady Memorial.
You will find our Delaware-based hospital a fascinating place where volunteers are regarded as an integral part of the healthcare family. OhioHealth Grady Memorial Hospital has many opportunities for volunteers with varying interests.
Hospital Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteers may choose how often and when they want to "work," with most tasks requiring a three-hour shift. The following list includes a sample of volunteer tasks:
Volunteers offer complimentary refreshments and snacks from a mobile cart to visitors in waiting areas throughout the hospital. Monday - Friday, 9 am to 4 pm.
Volunteers give patient room numbers and directions to visiting guests, answer questions and provide general assistance to those entering the hospital. Monday - Friday, 8 am to 7 pm.
Volunteers assist patients to nursing units, help transport discharged patients to hospital exits and lend helping hands to visitors needing wheelchairs. Monday - Friday, 8 am to 5 pm.
Providing compassionate care to our patients comes in many forms. Volunteers deliver flowers, provide fresh water and attend to various other personal needs of the patient. The Lab Squad volunteers provide snack packs to hungry patients who've been fasting prior to lab tests. As time permits, volunteers may also assist with various clerical and other non-nursing activities. Sunday - Saturday, flexible hours.
How to Get Started
If you have a warm smile, giving heart and caring soul, discover how you can become part of the compassionate team of Grady Memorial Hospital volunteers who make a difference every day in the lives of those around them.
- Aspiring volunteers are requested to complete our volunteer application and return it to the Volunteer Services Department. In addition, adults must complete a background check form.
- Teens must complete a confidential recommendation form. Teen applicants must be at least 16 years old to apply.
- Each applicant for volunteer service will have a private interview with the manager or coordinator of Volunteer Services. The Volunteer Services Department calls the applicant to arrange an appointment after the application is received.
- Volunteers are expected to attend a scheduled orientation within a reasonable time after their acceptance as a volunteer.
- Training procedures for volunteers take place within the area of volunteer assignment.
- The hospital provides a photo identification badge.
Contact Information for Volunteers
OhioHealth Grady Memorial Hospital
561 West Central Avenue, Delaware, OH 43015
Phone: (740) 614.1335 Fax: (740) 615-1542
Hours: Monday thru Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm