Supply Donations and Financial Support
What we need and how to donate
This page contains guidelines for blood plasma donation, food donations and financial support recommendations.
We encourage anyone wishing to support our associates to make a financial gift to the OhioHealth Associate Emergency Assistance Fund, or the Greatest Need fund for a specific care site, through the OhioHealth Foundation.
Blood plasma donated from people who have recovered from COVID-19 can be transfused to someone currently sick with the disease to aid their treatment.
How to help
- To be eligible to donate, a person must have had a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19, but is now symptom-free for at least 14 days and fully recovered.
- The first step for interested donors is to register here through the American Red Cross.
- If they meet criteria, they will be contacted by the American Red Cross to confirm they have met qualifications to become a convalescent plasma donor and will be scheduled for a donation.
- Donating blood plasma is similar to donating blood.
- Just one collected donation will yield three doses of antibodies. So, even one donor is immediately valuable.
What you can do
- If you or someone you know has had COVID-19, please encourage them to consider donating.
- For more information, see The American Red Cross website for frequently asked questions.
The COVID-19 pandemic has led to a well-deserved outpouring of support for our medical professionals. But, in order to protect their safety, we have made changes to the types of donations we can accept, and have suggestions for how grateful community members can show their support.
- Homemade baked goods and food items cannot be accepted.
- Food should be prepackaged and provided as individual servings (boxed meals, for example). Buffet-style or family-style of serving for groups is strongly discouraged.
- Food delivery personnel should remain near main entrances if they enter an OhioHealth facility. Food delivery personnel are not permitted on our patient care units or in other areas of our facilities.
- All social distancing guidelines must be adhered to when accepting or distributing food.