Neurological Rehabilitation at OhioHealth
Neurological Rehabilitation Expertise — Inpatient and Outpatient
OhioHealth offers a full range of therapeutic services for neurologically impaired patients needing rehabilitative services. Whether in the hospital, at home, or as an outpatient patients receive continuity of care from the largest team of therapy experts in central Ohio.
We help patients with neurological conditions recover mobility, independence and quality of life at our outpatient centers.Learn More
At OhioHealth Neurological Rehabilitation, patients have access to the largest team of experts in central Ohio. These experts represent diverse specialties and, together, are focused on addressing the unique rehabilitative and therapeutic needs of neurologic patients.
- REHABILITATION SERVICES
- Advanced, innovative therapies to help patients with neurological conditions recover; includes physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy.
- THERAPEUTIC FITNESS
- Collaboration with clinical fitness programs to help patients regain physical strength and mobility, become independent and re-enter the community; includes Delay the Disease™, stroke survivor fitness, therapeutic golf clinic, and MS Wellness & Fitness program. See all classes and events
- ADDITIONAL SERVICES
- Services that are integrated into our program to help patients in their recovery; includes social services, art therapy and music therapy groups, and support groups.
Treatment sessions are one-on-one and range from 30 minutes to three hours, depending on each patient’s needs. Patients requiring more than one type of therapy will have convenience of back-to-back sessions. A physician referral is needed to start therapy.
Some patients may need intensive therapy and education that can only be provided during a hospital stay. This is where OhioHealth Rehabilitation Hospital comes into the picture. With a focus on an intense, hands-on approach, patients have appointments with various rehabilitation specialists each day. The goal is to help patients get back to their lives as soon as possible.
When they’re ready to leave the rehabilitation hospital, if they need continued rehabilitative care, they continue work with our therapists at our outpatient OhioHealth Neurological Rehabilitation centers. Services include:
- STROKE INPATIENT REHABILITATION SERVICES
- A rehabilitation program specifically designed for each patient; includes coordination of care that addresses changes in the physical, emotional, social and vocational status of each patient.
- BRAIN INJURY INPATIENT REHABILITATION SERVICES
- Individualized care designed to help each patient develop new ways to function so as to compensate for deficits; improve physical functions; and maximize responsiveness.
- SPINAL CORD INJURY INPATIENT REHABILITATION SERVICES
- Earliest possible start to rehabilitation care for spinal cord injury patients to optimize patient abilities and independence. Includes developing skills to perform daily activities, and using adaptive technologies to facilitate functions at home and at work.
Diagnoses We Commonly Treat
OhioHealth Delay the Disease™
Our exercise program helps patients with Parkinson’s retrain their minds and bodies to overcome physical challenges and live life more independently.
Find a Class or Support Group
We offer classes and support groups to help patients and loved ones manage and understand their neurological disorders.Learn More
FORTUNE 100 Best List
We are proud to announce that OhioHealth has been named one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For" for the 13th consecutive year by FORTUNE Magazine!Read More