Multiple Sclerosis Clinic in Columbus
Comprehensive Approach, Convenient Location
The OhioHealth Multiple Sclerosis Clinic is located in the OhioHealth Neuroscience Center at OhioHealth Riverside Methodist Hospital. Here we work closely with our patients and their families throughout the course of a patient's life to find the right MS treatment and manage symptoms of multiple sclerosis.
What We Treat
We treat all types of multiple sclerosis and its symptoms, including:
What You Can Expect at Our MS Clinic
OhioHealth MS neurologists are experts in distinguishing the subtle symptoms of early onset multiple sclerosis from other, similar conditions. During a diagnostic meeting with them, you can expect:
A full physical exam, clinical evaluation and review of symptoms
Determination for testing, such as MRI and PET scans, blood test (to rule out other conditions/causes), spinal tap (lumbar puncture) and evoked potential test
Meeting with a neurologist who is a specialist in the diagnosis and treatment of MS
Testing and, depending on your symptoms, follow-up appointments will be scheduled.
We develop an MS treatment plan designed to deliver the best possible results for your condition and needs. Routine visits are an important part of each patient’s care plan so that we can monitor stability and disease progression. Some of what you can expect includes:
Blood work (if necessary)
Strength and coordination tests
Repeat MRI (if needed)
25-foot timed walk
You will see your MS neurologist at every visit and, depending on your needs and symptoms each time, you may also receive treatment or consultation by our neuro-ophthalmologist; physical, speech and occupational therapists; dietician and social worker.
We also work closely with other specialists who may at times need to be part of your care team, including urologists; internal medicine and emergency medicine physicians; interventional radiologists; and neuropsychologists, psychologists and psychiatrists who all have expertise treating MS patients.
If you’re a candidate for an MS clinical trial, our onsite MS clinical coordinator is here to explain what’s available and initiate you into the process.
Neurology Infusion Center
Our Neurology Infusion Center inside our OhioHealth MS Clinic at Riverside Methodist Hospital features:
- 9 private infusion bays with recliners and room for family members, one rapid infusion bay with two recliners, one private bay with a hospital bed
- 2 handicap-accessible restrooms
- TVs in each infusion room
- Patient-controlled lighting
- Warm blankets
- Boxed lunch for infusion patients staying longer than six hours
- Valet parking or nearby parking in Red Garage; parking vouchers provided
During your infusion you can also meet with other members of our MS team, including our social worker if you want more information about financial assistance or a support group, or our clinic coordinator if you have a question about your bill.
We’re Putting Your Safety First
At our infusion locations, we’ve taken measures to reduce the spread of infectious diseases like COVID-19, and keep our patients, providers and associates safe. We are:
- Calling patients to prescreen for COVID-19 before appointments.
- Cleaning infusion chairs and surfaces with hospital-grade disinfectants.
- Using hand sanitizer as we enter and leave your infusion space.
- Wearing hospital-grade masks and gloves at all times
- Using special gowns and double gloves for the administration of certain infusion medications like chemotherapy.