Based on the CDC’s guidance, we are taking caution and are cancelling our neurologic support groups, programs, wellness classes, and activities until further notice.LEARN MORE
Classes and Training
Begin Your Journey Toward Greater Mobility, Independence and Hope
Our classes, training sessions, books and DVDS are designed to help you fight Parkinson’s disease with daily exercises. They will get you moving, make you stronger and give you confidence!
The best time to start delaying Parkinson’s disease is right now.
We provide several ways to help you make Delay the Disease a part of your life. No matter where you are, you can take advantage of this life-changing program, selecting training sessions and group classes to fit your lifestyle and location. Books and DVDs are supplemental to use between classes (to ensure daily exercise) or if you have no access to the classes.
Take a Group Class
We encourage you to attend our group fitness classes available at OhioHealth locations, and other centers, across the state of Ohio and beyond. In group classes, you’ll connect with other Parkinson’s patients and experience a shared sense of community.
OhioHealth Delay the Disease Offers Classes Nationally
To find a group exercise class near you, please follow these instructions:
- Enter your city name (e.g., Columbus), state abbreviation (e.g., OH) or zip code (e.g., 43214) in the search bar below and choose an option from the dropdown list.
- If you do not find a class you are looking for the first time you search, please click out of your browser, return again to the Delay the Disease website classes page and try again.
- If you need assistance in finding a class near your community, please contact us at (614) 566.1189.
Join the Introductory 12-Week Program
This class is a great beginning for those who want to join group classes. Exercises focus on balance, strength, walking and core with an educational component about Parkinson's disease.
The 12-week program:
- Meets twice weekly.
- Includes Parkinson’s-specific wellness education.
- Provides pre- and post-testing to demonstrate individual functional and quality of life improvements.
- Costs $120.
You are eligible if you:
- Can walk independently or with a cane.
- Are able to get out of a chair with minimal or no help.
- Can get up and down from the floor independently or with some help.
- Are a low fall risk (less than two times per month).
- Can understand instructions and complete a task, if asked.
Schedule Personal Training
Many of our Parkinson’s patients schedule one-on-one training sessions with Delay the Disease founder David Zid. David takes you through exercise routines based on your functional abilities and symptoms. He works closely with you to create a Parkinson’s-specific wellness program that helps you achieve your goals, inspires and encourages you.
New to Delay the Disease?
We highly recommend newcomers participate in a 90-minute introductory personalized training session with David. This is a great way to enter our Parkinson's wellness program and start fighting back. You will receive individualized recommendations to manage Parkinson’s disease symptoms and achieve and maintain health and wellness. Also, David will recommend a Delay the Disease agenda that’s best suited for you.
This one-time introductory personal training session fee is $150.
All training sessions with David are held at the OhioHealth McConnell Heart Health Center.
To schedule training with David Zid, please email DelaytheDisease@ohiohealth.com or Call (614) 566.2035.