Heart and Vascular
Heart and Vascular
Vascular Disease Program at OhioHealth
We are at the forefront of highly specialized diagnostic and treatment techniques.
The vascular system carries blood throughout the entire body, requiring a comprehensive approach to treating vascular disease. That is why our vascular team includes experts from five different specialties who collaborate to treat these complex conditions, including aortic aneurysms, carotid artery disease, venous disease and peripheral artery disease.
By using a whole-body approach when evaluating and treating patients with vascular conditions, our patients have improved outcomes, even when it comes to the most difficult cases.
Lifesaving, Local Vascular Care
When Dan’s aortic aneurysm ruptured, he had moments to live. Thanks to OhioHealth, the lifesaving care he needed was only minutes away.
Vascular Conditions We Treat
Our physicians have advanced training and a wealth of hands-on experience treating the full range of vascular conditions, including:
- Peripheral vascular and critical limb disease — narrowing and hardening of the arteries that supply blood to the legs, hands and feet leading to pain with walking or limb loss
- Carotid artery stenosis — blockages in the neck arteries that may lead to stroke
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) — a bulging of the aorta that may be fatal if it ruptures
- Venous problems — formation of a blood clot within a deep vein, predominantly in the legs
A Full Range of Treatments
We are at the forefront of highly specialized diagnostic and treatment techniques —most of them minimally invasive — as well as medical management to treat complex vascular problems. Many of the techniques and technologies we use were developed or perfected by our physicians and include:
- Medication therapy
- Carotid stenting and endarterectomy
- Aortic aneurysm repair
- Renal artery stenting
- Peripheral artery stenting and angioplasty
- Leg bypass surgery for peripheral artery disease
- Varicose vein removal
Advanced Care, Close to Home
OhioHealth’s expanded network of vascular clinics, with more than 40 locations in 13 counties, means patients have greater access to expertise and comprehensive services near where they live and work to treat even the most complex vascular conditions.
Our vascular medicine physicians specialize in providing state-of-the-art diagnosis and non-surgical treatments for disorders of the arteries, veins and lymphatic system outside of the heart.