Patient Navigation at OhioHealth
No one should face cancer alone. We make sure our patients do not have to.
The OhioHealth cancer care family offers an exceptionally personal approach to cancer care, beginning with access to a patient navigator. Throughout the OhioHealth system we have nearly 40 patient navigators providing support to cancer patients.
Meet our patient navigators.
A patient navigator provides personalized assistance to help you, your family and your caregivers cope with all the tasks, decisions, emotions and physical effects you'll face throughout your cancer treatment.
From your very first visit, you'll find your patient navigator to be an indispensable resource. The services your patient navigator will provide are:
- Educate patients and family members once a patient is aware of diagnosis and a physician plan of treatment is in place
- Anticipate patient needs and connect them to community services, such as
- Support groups, wig resources, nutrition classes and the Look Good Feel Better® program
- Find resources for financial support
- Eliminate barriers to care – assist in appointment access, transportation, lodging and more
- Provide emotional support and connect you to comfort measures, such as counseling, art therapy, massage, integrative care and exercise