Breast Cancer Program at OhioHealth
Our breast cancer program is the definition of comprehensive and personalized care in the treatment of cancer.
Our multidisciplinary approach to cancer care involves a collaboration of experts ranging from radiologists, pathologists, breast surgeons, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, plastic surgeons, genetic counselors, nurse navigators, and palliative care specialists. Our focus is always on the individual needs and experience of each patient, so we pay special attention to your quality of life concerns, wellness, and spiritual and emotional care.
You have access to nationally recognized cancer expertise and can receive care locally from a cancer physician certified by MD Anderson Cancer Network®.Learn More
The OhioHealth Breast Cancer Care program provides comprehensive care for patients with breast cancer — from diagnosis to treatment and survivorship. Our program includes:
- Breast cancer physicians who adhere to the highest standards in care
- State-of-the-art technology for screening and detection
- Advanced treatment options
- Multidisciplinary collaboration among cancer experts, including those from MD Anderson Cancer Network®
- A patient navigator
- A Breast Cancer Second Opinion Clinic
- A High Risk Breast Clinic
- Cancer supportive care and wellness
- Cancer genetic counseling and testing
- Research and clinical trials
Early Detection of Breast Cancer
The average number of days from a mammogram to a confirmed breast cancer diagnosis at OhioHealth is less than eight days — far below the national average of 18 days.
OhioHealth offers advanced state-of-the-art digital mammography and the support of dedicated breast health experts at locations throughout Ohio. Appointments are flexible.
To schedule a mammogram, call (614) 566.1111. For Marion, call (740) 383.7889. For Mansfield, call (419) 526.8333. For Shelby, call (419) 342.1788. For O’Bleness, call (740) 592.9454. For Hardin Memorial, call (419) 675-8181. (A physician referral is required for Hardin Memorial).
Nearly 100 percent of all breast cancer cases are reviewed at our pre-treatment conference, where a team of physicians and other healthcare providers reviews your imaging and lab results, evaluates your eligibility for current research trials and, together, designs the most appropriate treatment plan for you and your type of cancer. Unique cases may also be presented to the MD Anderson Multidisciplinary Planning Conference for review and input.
Breast Cancer Second Opinion Clinic
The OhioHealth Breast Cancer Second Opinion Clinic — the only one of its kind in Ohio — offers you individualized and comprehensive consultation with our entire team of breast cancer specialists. At the Second Opinion Clinic, you will receive:
- An examination by a breast cancer specialist
- An extensive case review and treatment recommendations by a multispecialty team of clinical experts
- Answers to your patient’s questions
- Final recommendations shared with you and your patient
The OhioHealth Breast Cancer Second Opinion Clinic is held every Wednesday afternoon at the OhioHealth Arthur G. H. Bing, MD, Cancer Center at Riverside Methodist Hospital.
To make an appointment, contact OhioHealth CancerCall at (614) 566.4321 or 1 (800) 752.9119 Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.