The Riverside Sports Medicine Fellowship Curriculum will include both longitudinal experiences and formal Sports Medicine rotations.
A. Sports Medicine Rotations
- Rotations with Family Physicians holding a CAQ in Sports Medicine
- Rotations with Orthopedic Surgeons with specialties in Sports Medicine, Hand and Foot/Ankle.
- Experience in a physical therapy center focusing on sports medicine
- Athletic training coverage
- Attending and presenting at the Sports Medicine Fellowship conferences
- Musculoskeletal Radiology
- Complimentary and Integrative experiences (acupuncture, osteopathic manipulation, massage, etc.)
- Exercise Physiological testing (VO2 max testing, Lactate Threshold)
B. Team coverage
- Local High Schools - Each fellow will be assigned a high school which he/she will serve as the head team physician.
- Training Rooms
- Game Coverage
- Local Division III Colleges - The Riverside Sports Medicine Fellowship provides coverage for Ohio Wesleyan University and Otterbein College. Each fellow will be assigned one of the colleges and function as one of the team physicians for that college. Duties will include training room coverage, event coverage and some teaching opportunities.
C. Event Coverage
- OHSAA tournament events (field hockey, soccer, basketball, wrestling)
- Columbus Marathon, Cap City Half Marathon, All Ohio Cross Country Meet
D. Pre-Participation Physicals - Residents will complete pre-participation evaluations at the high school and Division III college level
E. Formal Didactics - Sports Medicine lectures will be held twice a month and Journal club will be held once a month.
- Library References
- Video Tapes
- Clinical Skills Lab for mastering injection and aspiration techniques
- Shoulder, Wrist, Elbow, Knee