Cardiovascular surgeons at OhioHealth Riverside Methodist Hospital perform more heart surgeries than any other system in central Ohio, including a high volume and variety of complex procedures, such as leading edge endovascular treatments.
Riverside Methodist has seen tremendous growth in valve procedures, most notably, mitral and aortic valve repair in lieu of replacement. Our aggressive approach to preserving the natural valve provides significant advantages:
- a lower rate of infection
- reduced need for blood thinners
- preserved heart muscle strength
These advantages lead to far superior initial and long-term results when compared to replacement
Our surgeons perform nearly 1,100 open heart procedures annually, including:
- Coronary artery bypass grafts
- Mitral and aortic valve repair, replacement and reconstruction
- Surgical ablation for atrial fibrillation (Maze) Riverside Methodist was the first hospital in central Ohio to perform a Maze procedure, and our surgeons currently perform more than any other hospital in central Ohio.
- Atrial and ventricular septal defect repairs
- Thoracic aneurysm repair
- Aortic reconstruction with endovascular and open techniques
Riverside Methodist's state-of-the-art endovascular suite makes it possible for our surgeons to perform endovascular and open surgeries in the same place.
OhioHealth Heart & Vascular Services
OhioHealth Patient & Visitor Guide