Our Art in Medicine programs are designed to be enjoyable, educational and meaningful, and focus on self-expression, empowerment and the development of coping skills. Research studies on the "healing arts" have proven artistic activities can lower stress levels, decrease anxiety and instill hope.
Art in Medicine programs are available to all cancer inpatients and their families who are on the medical oncology floor 7 Yellow at Riverside Methodist Hospital.
- Ask your nurse if you would like an artist to visit with you.
- If you see the artists on the floor, feel free to ask them to come to your room.
- To schedule a time with an artist, call CancerCall at (614) 566-4321.
The Artist-In-Residents are community artists who enhance the patient's experience through a variety of creative outlets. Our healing arts centers feature programs including music, literary arts and visual arts.
Riverside Methodist Hospital has a healing arts center which also offers art therapy.
An Art Therapist is a mental health professional who uses the creative process of art making to improve and enhance the physical, mental and emotional well-being of individuals of all ages. It is based on the belief that the creative process involved in artistic self-expression helps people to:
- resolve conflicts and problems
- develop interpersonal skills
- manage behavior
- reduce stress
- increase self-esteem and self-awareness
- achieve insight
OhioHealth Cancer Programs
OhioHealth Cancer Services