Food and Beverage
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner meals
- First floor, near main entrance in Blue area
- 6 to 10 a.m. (breakfast) and 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (lunch/dinner), daily
- First floor in Green area, near Green Parking Garage
- Open 24 hrs
- Coffee and light snacks
- First floor of McConnell Heart Hospital, near Red Parking Garage
- 6 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., Monday - Friday
- Located throughout the hospital
- Available in the Gift Shop on the first floor in the Blue area, and in the RMB Pharmacy in the Green area
Banking services are available through ATM machines located:
- Outside the cafeteria in the Blue area.
- By the Emergency Room in the Red Area.
- At a full-service PNC Bank branch in the Green area near the Green Parking Garage.
The RMB Pharmacy is located on the first floor of the North Medical Building in the Green area.
Hours: 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday - Friday.
Shopping and Gifts
Offering unique gifts, books and flowers, the Gift Shop is located on the first floor in the Blue area. It is open Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., Friday, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. and on weekends, noon to 6 p.m. Closed on Holidays. To speak with someone at the Gift Shop, call
Flowers, balloons (mylar only) and gifts are welcome in most rooms except the critical care areas.
Send an electronic greeting card to a loved one in the hospital. It will be printed and delivered to your loved one's room by a volunteer.
Cell phones are permitted in most areas. Signs are posted in areas with cell phone restrictions. Pay phones are available in some lobbies.
Patient room phone numbers are listed in the room.
- Outgoing calls can be placed by dialing 9 plus the number.
- Long distance phone calls may be made with a calling card.
- Incoming calls are transferred to inpatient rooms 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Dial 0 for help from the operator.
Riverside Methodist's hospital directory lists the name, hospital, room number, room phone number, general condition and religion of each patient, if provided. This information is only shared with people (visitors/callers) who ask for you by name, or by clergy who ask for patients by religious affiliation. You have the right to have your information excluded from this directory. Please note if you exclude your information, we will not be able to acknowledge your presence as a patient to any callers.
Internet and Computer
Wireless internet is available in waiting rooms, cafeterias, patient rooms, hallways and medical libraries. If you have trouble accessing the network, call 614.566.5804.
Computer modem hook-ups also are available in the Donald J. Vincent Medical Library and the Surgery Family Waiting area, both located on the first floor.
Mail will be delivered to your room Monday - Friday. Any mail received after you are discharged will be forwarded to your home address. Please allow 10 days for forwarding.
News, TV and Radio
Volunteers visit patient rooms daily to sell The Columbus Dispatch. The Columbus Dispatch and USA Today also are available in newspaper machines around the hospital and in the Gift Shop.
A variety of television and radio programming is available in all rooms.
Create a CarePages website using our free wireless network to easily and conveniently update family and friends about the health condition of your loved one.