To familiarize the student to all facets of podiatric medicine and surgery in the hospital, office and clinical setting. Gain experience on how to manage patient care and understand the role and responsibilities of a podiatric surgeon.
The student will be assigned different rotations each week to assist residents, surgeons and OR staff with surgical cases, and make daily rounds on all in-house patients to assist the resident with patient care. Students will also take pager (at home) call one weekend during the month rotation.
Additionally, students will participate in weekly patient continuity meetings to review and discuss inpatients, ER patients, consults, and surgical cases from the previous week are reviewed and discussed by the residents and attending staff. Journal Club is also held at this time, along with any extern or resident presentations on assigned topics. Students will also be responsible for one case presentation to include x-ray pictures, history and physical, clinical findings, treatment and outcome.
Students are only accepted from a podiatric medical college approved by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education (CPME).
Our program participates in the Uniform Clerkship Application Program (UCAP) through AACPM.
- Applications are accepted October 15th through December 15th for the next academic year (NOTE: Due to the high demand for available slots, we suggest you submit your application on or shortly after October 15th)
- Three students are accepted per month (except no students in July)
- 3rd and 4th year students can apply (Priority is given to 4th year students during the UCAP process)
- Housing is provided on a limited basis
- Transportation and meals are not provided
- Students who submit applications outside of these dates will be considered after the UCAP applications have been reviewed and processed
Please only email the following application materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org:
- UCAP Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Three letters of recommendation
- Transcripts (GPA of 3.0 or above)
- Class Rank (Top 50%)
- Board Scores - Passing Scores for Part I
- Research (optional)
Visit our Program
- Podiatry Medical students can visit any day of the week, Monday-Friday
- One day and multi-day visits available
- Must schedule in advance
Podiatry Residency Information
Click here to obtain information about our Podiatry Residency.
To schedule a visit or if you have questions about our program, please contact:
Belinda L. Snyder
Residency Program Administrator
Medical Education Department
285 East State Street, Suite 670
Columbus, OH 43215