Pinky Ball Massage Under the Base of the Toes
Purpose: Allowing the foot to explore the rounded surface of the ball will gently stretch muscles and move joints in a unique and very natural way.
- Place the ball under the base of the big toe joint. Apply gentle pressure. Think of a cat lengthening its claws.
- Place the ball under the base of the second toe ball joint. Apply gentle pressure.
- Place the ball under the base of the third toe ball joint. Apply gentle pressure.
- Place the ball under the base of the fourth toe ball joint. Apply gentle pressure.
- Place the ball under the base of the fifth toe ball joint. Remember this joint is lower than the others. Apply gentle pressure.
1 – 3 repetitions.
- Feel the toes lengthen around the ball.
- The ankles should not roll in or out.
- Do NOT apply too much pressure. It is important to remember that your feet have most likely been immobile for the majority of your life and you do not want to force it into ranges that are not yet available.
- Allow the ball to gently roll across the ball of the foot from the big toe ball joint toward the little toe ball joint and then back.
|Under the base of the big toe joint||Under the base of the 5th toe ball joint|
|Kami's dog Buddy can do it, too!|| |
May is Pilates Month at the McConnell Heart Health Center.
Take your practice to a new level with these mind-body workshops.
Pilates on the Green
Friday, May 8, 2015
4 to 6 p.m.
The Secret to a Strong Back
Saturday, May 9, 2015
10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Happy Feet: Pilates for Feet
Saturday, May 23, 2015
9 to 11 a.m.
Learn more about these workshops on the McConnell Events page.