The purpose of Patient Status Follow-up is to provide an avenue for pre-hospital personnel to request and obtain feedback on patients brought into Riverside Methodist Hospital and Grant Medical Center. The requests/reply will consist of information required for Quality Improvement issues. Following are the policies:
- An initial request for follow-up, from a pre-hospital provider, may be initiated by either phone, e-mail, or letter. The request will need to include the date of the run, EMS run-sheet number, and specifics to the incident.
- The request for information will be on a need-to-know basis for the purpose of Quality Improvement issues.
- The Trauma Program Manager will notify the requestor that the request for information has been received and a letter will be sent out within 48 hours.
- The follow-up letter will include the EMS run number for identification/tracking purposes for the request.
- The follow-up letter will be sent out to the specific station's EMS coordinator/QA coordinator.
- Each letter will be stamped as confidential and identified as being under the auspices of the Quality Improvement monitoring process.