Outpatient Rehabilitation and Recovery at OhioHealth
Therapists work with patients of all ages to provide individualized treatment plans for reducing pain, increasing function, improving mobility and returning them to an active lifestyle. The comprehensive program includes treatment for a range of conditions, from sprains and muscular disorders to traumatic injuries — including strokes and neurological disorders — and total joint replacements.
With 16 locations -— the most in central Ohio -— patients can choose rehab programs that are close to home. OhioHealth outpatient facilities accept most major insurance and healthcare plans for rehabilitation services. Learn more about accepted insurance plans.
Flexible scheduling lets patients choose appointment times that work best in their lives. Appointments can be made before, during and after normal business hours, as well as weekend hours at most locations.
All patient parking at OhioHealth outpatient facilities is free.
What to expect from Outpatient Rehabilitation
Recognized in the top quartile for functional outcomes, the OhioHealth Outpatient Rehabilitation program helps patients achieve nationally ranked results in less than average total treatment visits. Those taking part in outpatient rehabilitation can reach their goals by taking part in a variety of therapies.
Outpatient Rehabilitation services are often geared to patients with diagnoses of:
- Orthopedic and sports injuries, including fractures, sprains and strains
- Traumatic hand injuries, overuse syndromes and custom splinting
- Spine conditions, postural deficiencies and radiculopathies
- Joint replacements, degenerative conditions and post-surgical conditions
- Neurological conditions, such as stroke, head injury, ALS, Parkinson's Disease and vestibular/dizziness conditions
- Oncology, lymphedema, incontinence and pelvic pain
During your first rehab visit:
- Feel free to wear comfortable clothing to your session. Exercise clothing will allow your therapist to better evaluate your condition.
- You will need to bring your therapy prescription, insurance information, a photo ID and a list of current medications.
- Your therapist will complete an evaluation and work with you to develop an individualized treatment plan of care, considering your specific condition and your personal therapy goals.
- You will be asked to complete a clinical outcomes survey. This brief survey assists your therapist in developing your treatment plan. It also allows OhioHealth to compare our therapy care to other therapy clinics across the country. More than 400,000 patients are in the database, and OhioHealth has exceeded the nation for positive clinical change in fewer treatment sessions consistently for the past several years.
Patients are usually seen for a series of therapy visits, typically 2 to 3 times per week. Treatment frequency and duration are determined by the evaluating therapist, in collaboration with the referring physician.