Now is the time to make some very important decisions about your future - decisions that will form a bridge from the classroom to where you want to go with your professional career.
Career Development Opportunities
The OhioHealth Critical Care Fellowship program provides you with the opportunity to explore new challenges and learn new clinical skills. At OhioHealth, we believe in career development opportunities. That is why we created this pathway for new graduate RNs to gain knowledge and competence. OhioHealth offers a unique program designed to assist the new RN in the transition from student to professional clinician. The program utilizes a level approach which provides the nurse with education based on the level of care required for patients on their assigned unit. The program incorporates a combination of classroom and hands-on experience in a state-of-the-art simulation lab.
Critical Care Fellowship
Series of classes and clinical rotations provided to new graduate RNs to prepare them to work on a critical care unit at OhioHealth.
- Critical Care Fellows attend 4 weeks of critical care classroom sessions with weekly experiential learning sessions.
- Fellows then begin three critical care clinical rotations lasting four weeks, with a week of critical care classroom sessions between each rotation.
- At the end of the program, Fellows will interview for an available position in an OhioHealth critical care unit.
Fellowship Requirements: Internship requirements, plus:
- Submit an online application posted as a Fellowship Staff RN
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- Precepted clinical experience or hospital experience as a PSA or equivalent
- If all the above requirements are met qualified prospects are sent a packet to be completed which includes submitting:
-- An official transcript
-- Two clinical instructor references
-- An essay describing their desire to become a critical care nurse
Once all materials are submitted to HR within the designated time frame, qualified applicants are scheduled for a panel interview. Acceptance into the Critical Care Fellowship is based on the written documents submitted and the outcome of the panel interview.
Please call OhioHealth Human Resources today at (614) 533.8888 with questions or learn more about how to apply.
Tuition Reimbursement for Nurses
Newly-hired associate degree RNs at OhioHealth acute care hospitals (Grant Medical Center, Riverside Methodist Hospital, Dublin Methodist Hospital, Grady Memorial Hospital, Marion General Hospital, Doctors Hospital) are
required to possess a BSN or MSN degree within five years of their date of hire. Read about our employee tuition reimbursement program and GRAD program. Get more information here.