Admission & Eligibility Requirements
- Appointments usually begin on July 1, except for Addiction Medicine, Geriatric Medicine, Hospital Medicine, Orthopaedic Trauma and Surgical Critical Care, which begin on August 1.
- Appointments are made through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) for Family Medicine, Colon & Rectal Surgery, Geriatric Medicine and Surgical Critical Care Fellowship Programs.
- Appointments for the Podiatric Medicine and Surgical Residency Program are made through the Central Application Service for Podiatric Residencies (CASPR).
- Residencies are open to graduates of LCME, AOA, and CPME accredited medical schools and also, when applicable, of approved ACGME or AOA residencies.
- Fellowships are open to graduates of approved ACGME or AOA residencies.
- Preadmission physical exam and current immunization record are required.
- Personal interviews are required.
- United States citizens and permanent immigrants who graduate from medical schools outside the United States must be certified by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
3624 Market Street
Philadelphia PA 19104
- Grant Medical Center will consider applicants who are U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents, asylees and refugees, and other individuals with work authorizations that do not require visa sponsorship by GMC.
- Residents enrolled in the Family Medicine, Geriatric Medicine, Addiction Medicine, Podiatric Medicine and Surgery, Colon & Rectal Surgery and Surgical Critical Care Programs must apply for an Ohio Training Certificate from the State Medical Board of Ohio.
- Fellows enrolled in the Trauma, Orthopaedic Trauma, Addiction Medicine and Breast Fellowships must apply for a permanent medical license from the State Medical Board of Ohio. Licensure application fee will be reimbursed by Grant Medical Center.
- Information about licensure is available from
State Medical Board of Ohio
30 East Broad Street, 3rd Floor
Columbus, OH 43215-6127
(Note: Applications may be downloaded from their web site).
We require the following application materials
- Family Medicine, Geriatric Medicine, Addiction Medicine, Colon and Rectal Surgery and Surgical Critical Care applicants must apply through ERAS. Podiatric Residents must apply through CASPR. All other programs must complete the Grant Medical Center application form.
- Official medical school transcripts.
- Diploma (Medical School)
- Official record of board scores.
- A dean's letter and two other letters of recommendation.
- A curriculum vitae.
- A personal statement.
- A valid ECFMG certificate (if graduated from medical school outside of the United States).
- A letter of recommendation from the director of your residency program as one of the three letters of recommendation.
PGY 4 and Above Positions
- A certified copy of your residency certificate.
For additional information, contact:
Grant Medical Center
Medical Education Department
Physical Address: 323 E Town Street, First Floor, Suite 100
Mailing Address: 111 South Grant Avenue
Columbus, OH 43215