How to Apply
How to Apply
How to Apply to Dublin Methodist
Dublin Methodist Hospital will consider applicants who are U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents, asylees and refugees, and other individuals with work authorizations that do not require visa sponsorship by the hospital.
Family Medicine applicants must apply through ERAS and all appointments will be made through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
Qualifications for Graduates of U.S. and Canadian medical schools:
- The applicant must have graduated from a medical school whose programs are accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) or the American Osteopathic Association (AOA).
- The applicant must provide a Dean’s Letter, two or more strong letters of recommendation, medical school transcripts, and passing scores from Part I, USMLE or COMLEX (Applicants who pass on first attempt are given preference).
- Recent graduates and/or those individuals who have graduated within the past two academic years are given preference.
- The applicant must be willing to appear for a personal interview.
- All senior medical students applying for residency must participate in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
Qualifications for Graduates of international medical schools:
- In addition to meeting criterions #2, #3, and #4 above, the applicant must meet one of the following additional qualifications:
- Prior to the start of training, the applicant must provide a valid certificate from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates.
- Have a full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in the state of Ohio.
- Have completed a Fifth Pathway program provided by an LCME-accredited medical school.
- If a non-US citizen, proof of valid work authorization must be provided.
- A minimum of one year clinical service in a U.S. hospital is highly recommended.