Learn how to get a physician referral
Some of our programs require a physician referral. Here are ways to get a referral form:
- Print it now and fax it to us at (614) 566-3835, or
- Call us at (614) 566-5356 and we'll send you a form, or
- E-mail us [email protected] with your fax number and we'll fax it to you
Here are fax numbers for our clinics:
- Fax a Diabetes referral to (614) 566-6776
- Fax a Coumadin referral to (614) 566-6806
- Fax a physical therapy or musculoskeletal referral to (614) 566-3810
- Fax all other referrals to (614) 566-3835
Due to insurance and Medicare requirements of a physician's signature, we cannot accept referrals over the Internet or phone at this time.
Why do I need a physician referral?
The McConnell Center assists your physician by providing a multidisciplinary approach to health and wellness through specialty clinics staffed by professionals not available in all physician offices.
Although requirements by private insurance can vary case by case, many insurance companies require referral to see a specialty clinic or physician. Even if your insurance provider does not require a referral, the McConnell Center does require a referral to ensure you are receiving proper health care through a coordinated effort with your primary care physician.
Our specialty clinics are staffed by:
- Physicians specializing in cardiac care, musculoskeletal health, lipid (cholesterol) management and warfarin management
- Experienced nurses, pharmacists, dietitians, exercise physiologists, stress management specialists and a clinical psychologist who support these specialty services
If you need further assistance or would like to speak to us, please do not hesitate to call us at (614) 566-5356.