View or download a PDF version of OhioHealth Marion General Hospital's Patient and Visitor Guide.
Located in the heart of Marion, Ohio, Marion General offers state-of-the-art medical expertise in a warm and compassionate environment to Marion and the surrounding seven-county area.
If you or a loved one has a health issue, we encourage you to visit us and, in turn, we pledge to provide kindness, respect and individual attention to you and your family.
We understand the importance of family and friends to a patient's recovery.
Families should speak to the patient's nurse to determine the most appropriate visitation schedule. In consideration of our patients and others, we ask that you limit visitors to two per patient at a time. Children are permitted as visitors but must be under adult supervision at all times.
General Visiting Hours: 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Intensive Care Unit (ICU) Visiting Hours: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. No children under 12.
Open Heart Surgery: No visitation the day of surgery; second day of surgery visiting hours are 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Tobacco use is not permitted inside or outside any OhioHealth property. If you must use tobacco, please do so off OhioHealth premises.
Protect Your Valuables
We encourage you to leave valuables (jewelry, money, credit cards, checkbooks or anything else of value) at home or with a family member.
Help Us Prevent the Spread of Germs and Infection
People in the hospital are more susceptible to infection. To help us prevent the spread of germs and infection, please:
- Wash your hands. Wash often with soap and water or clean with alcohol-based hand cleaner.
- Always wash before and after visiting, before and after eating or going to the bathroom and after sneezing, blowing your nose or coughing.
- Do not visit when youre sick. If you need to visit while you are sick, wash your hands well and ask the staff for a mask if you have respiratory symptoms.
- Cooperate with isolation practices. Some patients need isolationif so, everyone (staff and visitors) may need to wear gloves, a gown and/or a mask.
- Consult the nurse. Check with the nurse before visiting if you are unsure if you are contagious or if you are bringing children to visit a patient.
For questions about infection or isolation, call the Infection Control Department at 740.383.8878.