At Marion General Hospital, our surgery team provides patients the highest quality of care, with improved patient outcomes, while reinforcing the hospitals family focus.
A recent recipient of The Joint Commission award for Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for Surgical Care, Marion General Hospital continues to be a national leader for patient quality.
The Anesthesiologists at Marion General Hospital are trained in current modalities for pain control.
- Peripheral nerve blocks - utilized to provide continuous pain relief when possible
- Brain wave monitoring - utilized to monitor for and prevent anesthesia awareness
Additionally, sedation for all endoscopic procedures is provided.
Marion General Hospital provides complete services with a state-of-the-art endovascular hybrid suite, combining cutting-edge surgical technology with the most sophisticated imaging capabilities for minimally invasive vascular procedures.
- Open and laparoscopic procedures
- Colorectal surgery to include cancer care
- Breast surgery to include cancer care coordinated with plastic surgery
- Diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy
- Total joint replacement (including patient-specific knee replacements)
- Arthroscopic knee and shoulder repair
- Fracture management
- Spine: soft tissue and complex fusions
- Laparoscopic vaginal or abdominal supra cervical hysterectomy
- Complex open and laparoscopic procedures combined with cancer care
- Bladder support/suspension procedures
Cardio-thoracic and vascular
- Coronary artery bypass with or without the lung machine
- Valve repair and replacement
- EndoGraft repair of abdominal aortic aneurysm
- Carotid endarterectomy
- Aortic dissection and occlusion
- Peripheral vascular surgery
- Breast lift, reconstruction and reduction
- Liposuction, fat transfer
- Face lift
- Trauma care - facial fractures, repair of tendon injuries for hand
- Hand and finger surgery
- Cancer reconstruction of face, post breast surgery
- Kidney, prostate and bladder surgery including cancer care
Ear, nose and throat (ENT)
- Major neck and throat procedures, including cancer care