A Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) is a registered nurse who has received specialized training in performing a medical/forensic exam for victims of crime. This specialized training includes:
- Intimate partner violence
- Sexual assault
- Child abuse
- Elder abuse
Located within Marion General Hospital's Emergency Department, SANE provides care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and is the only program in Marion County.
Marion General Hospital SANE Team can be reached at (740) 383-8677.
- Documenting the history of the abuse
- Assessing for injury
- Documenting any injuries that may include photo documentation
- Evidence collection
- Medical screening by a physician
- Appropriate medical treatment
- Reporting options
- Appropriate community resources