Comprehensive Primary Care
Our primary care physicians and residents offer reliable, convenient care for everything from minor illnesses and injuries, to the routine management of chronic health conditions like diabetes or asthma. Our goal is to provide excellent, empathetic care that keeps you and your family in the best health.
Walk-in Primary Care for Minor Illness
We believe primary care should be easy. At OhioHealth Family Medicine Grant, we:
- Offer same-day walk-in care for minor illness from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Have on-site X-ray and lab services
- Accept nearly all insurance plans
We also make it easy for you to schedule appointments, view test results, request prescription refills and pay your bill — from any device, any time — with OhioHealth MyChart, your secure online health record.
- Valet: Free valet parkingat the Grant Surgical and Heart Hospital on Sixth Street, directly across from our office entrance.
- Blue Garage: Free patient parking spaces begin on the fourth floor of the Blue Garage, located at 141 South Sixth Street. OhioHealth Family Medicine Grant is on the first floor of the Blue Garage. Please bring your parking ticket with you for validation.
- Metered Parking: City of Columbus parking meters are available in front of our offices on Town Street. These meters have a two-hour limit and accept coins or credit cards.
Who We Are
OhioHealth Family Medicine Grant is a family practice residency teaching center, associated with OhioHealth Grant Medical Center. Healthcare services are provided by board-certified physicians, resident physicians and advanced practice providers. Our resident physicians are medical school graduates who are finishing a three-year family medicine residency, and our board-certified family physicians supervise all patient care.
Primary Care Services at This Location
We provide healthcare for every member of your family, from infants to adults, and can give you the unique care you need at every stage of your life.
- Adult Care
- Annual physicals and wellness exams
- Preventative health and immunizations
- Chronic disease management
- Well-woman exams and gynecology services
- Skin care
- Stitches and minor injury care
- Allergy shots
- X-ray and lab services
- Care for newborns, children and adolescents
- Well-child visits
- Developmental screening
- Sports physicals
- Adolescent health
- Skin care
- Pregnancy Care
- Ultrasound and prenatal care
- Centering™: birth and parenting education
- Delivery at OhioHealth Grant Medical Center by your personal physician
- Postpartum (after-delivery) care
- Walk-In Care for Minor Illnesses
Available Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Acute back pain
- Dental concerns
- Ear infections
- Medication refills
- Wound dressings
- Pink eye
- Sinus and upper respiratory infections
- Sore throats
- Suture or staple removal
- Urinary tract infections
- Sexual Health
- Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP therapy)
- Testing for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)
- Testing for sexually-transmitted infections (STIs): syphilis, chlamydia and gonorrhea
- Contraceptive care, including placement of Long Acting Reversible Contraception
- LGBTQ Services
- LGBTQ general medical and preventive care
- Transgender care: hormonal therapy and coordination of care, with referral options for behavioral health and surgery
- Browse third party LBGTQ Healthcare Resources
Arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment to allow time for any updates to patient files and other necessary paperwork.
If you must cancel your appointment, we’ll be happy to reschedule at a more convenient time. Please provide 24 hours' notice, so we can make the time available to other patients.
What to bring to your appointment:
- Photo ID
- Current insurance card
- Copayment, if required
- Tests results or imaging that your care team has requested
- Past medical records you feel are applicable to your health
- If you have Medicare, your pharmacy insurance drug card